Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Preparing for a new year...

This year has really flown by. We have been so involved with our church family, friends, and kids, that it left little time for anything else. This year was a good one! We have been so blessed with our finances, health, and new friendships. Christmas was good as well, and though the kids got less than they used to, they were all thankful and happy. Normally Christmas is hard for me emotionally, thinking about that child out there somewhere that needs a family. But this year we made many steps that give me hope for the near future. I think the setting up of the adoption account really made things real for me. Now if we can just get a few more details ironed out and get things started!

Ok now on a slightly unrelated note, I found these really neat Christmas Ornaments on clearance after Christmas at Meijer. They are made in Kenya by a company called 2Fysh that employs African people who have no other means of income. The company also produces some neat kids clothing items, purses, and coffee. I bought almost the entire line because they were just so neat. Instead of packing them away till next year, I decided to put them on a shelf in my bedroom. They are all made out of local materials. The bead chains are made from rolled paper beads, and are really neat. I got 3 of them so that I can use them as garland or something.


They also had tree skirts & stockings. I picked up one of the stockings.


Out of all of it though, this is my favorite. So simple but so beautiful.


2010 (and hopefully Ethiopia) here we come!

No comments: