Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Little updates

We have sent in our preliminary application with Bethany Christian Services. We should hear back within about 2 weeks as to if we meet all the criteria for the programs. I checked the boxes for Ethiopia, and Hong Kong (special needs), and we will also look at domestic waiting children. Lately I have been noticing special needs children all around me, and in the waiting child listings. Usually that means God wants me to take notice. I was not sure we could handle most special needs issues, but my confidence has grown along with my openness to these special kids. I don't know where God is steering us, but I am eager to get there! B is especially good with kids with special needs, and always has been. God's hand is in it all, and I trust him totally. I know we don't have the funds just yet to start so I am trying to keep myself busy with other things that need to be done. The house is getting clean again post-Christmas Hurricane! LOL

No comments: